Error: An error occurred while enumerating the groups. The group could not be found.

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I get the following error when I try to check any user's access:

An error occurred while enumerating the groups. The group could not be found.

This error raise for some users, not for all.

I tried to assign the user to another sharepoint group: same result

I tried to remove the user from all sharepoint groups: same result

To see if "The group that could not be found" is an AD group, i tried to assign to a user whose check don't raise an error the same AD groups of the user who raise the error: the check continue work well

Any ideas?

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I have the exact same issue.

 

Can anyone help ?

 

Kind regards,

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Anyone there? I have the same issue as well. I originally had an error stating While trying to retrieve the authorization groups, an error (5) occurred but I think that was related to the account my app pool was running under not having permissions to Active Directory. I granted permissions to the account, now I get the error above: An error occurred while enumerating the groups. The group could not be found. As fabio stated above, this error is raised for only SOME users, but some user accounts actually work. Does anyone have any insight??? Thanks.

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Hi all, I have the same issue recently, if anyone have resolved this, please post your solution.
May 4, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Edited May 4, 2015 at 6:54 PM
I am encountering the same issue as everyone else. It appears no one monitors this discussion board. My error message is: "An error (1301) occurred while enumerating the groups. The group's SID could not be resolved.". A google search leads me to these two promising explanations and solutions, but I haven't tryed them yet. It seems there's a disconnect whilst running domain controller on Server 2012 while the client machine in use is win7 or 8. I don't understand it all but maybe it will make sense to someone who happens upon this thread.

http://blog.adnanmasood.com/2014/11/08/resolving-the-groups-sid-could-not-be-resolved-error/

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17027781/userprincipals-getauthorizationgroups-an-error-1301-occurred-while-enumerating