Activating this part in central administration

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:18 AM
When the part is globally deployed I cannot activate it through the site settings in central administration even though that I have all the rights as farm administrator.

Does anybody know what to do?
Mar 27, 2009 at 3:58 AM
Hi

I have installed it to, via stsadmin and addsolution. Then i went to Central admin | Operations | clicked on "Solution Manager".

Then you can click the .WSP and Deploy it. It will be marked Global Deployed.
I then returned to where it was supposed to be and Success....

Or if you type http://YOURSHAREPOINT:XXXX/_admin/spuac/UserAccess.aspx you will see it to.

Gordy :)
Mar 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Gordy,

Thanks for your reply! The solution already had been globally deployed, it only didn't show up in the central administration. I tried to use the path you gave :"_admin/spuac/UserAccess.aspx" and it worked!

Thank you very mutch!

Regards,

Ron Verhoeven
Dec 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I have successfully deployed the solution  - using stsadm to add, deploy and activate the feature - as described on the downloads page.  I am installining into WSS 3.0 and the spuac.wsp is listed as globally deployed under Operations/Global Configuration/Solution Management.

Unfortunately the additional User Account Control section does not display on the CA Operations page but as mentioned by g0rdy when I browse to http://CentralAdminSite:XXXX/_admin/spuac/UserAccess.aspx then I see the User Access screen and can run the feature.

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:31 AM

You have to be a Site Collection Administrator of the SharePoint Central Administration site in order to see the new "User Account Control | View User Access" section.  I was trying to track down why I could not delete Users from the All People list on the SharePoint Central Administration site and after I made myself a Site Collection Administrator of the SharePoint Central Administration site I could both delete users from the Site Collection on the All People list AND I could see the new "User Account Control | View User Access" section. Being a Farm Administrator is not enough; you need be one level higher.  :-)

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same issues as described above.

I have installed and deployed the solution package, but the menu item under Operations doesn't appear.

I have verified that I'm indeed a site collection administrator in Central Administration.

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Hi, i have same problem with u guys, !

i have deployed and then i go to active feture but it didn't work, but i try ur way

Type in my URL http://CentralAdminSite:XXXX/_admin/spuac/UserAccess.aspx And it worked :D Nice

Thx's every body

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I know these are old posts and have experienced same problem as bluesierra, dshester, frankok and alph19centaury -- I have sucessfully installed solution but I cannot access thorugh Central Administration UI.  I am a CA Site collection administrator.  I can access the tool by navigating to the page directly but I would like to know how to add it to CA.  Is it advisable to edit the _admin/operations.aspx page -- add a href link to the correct page??